Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Group Film

  1. #1
    Inactive Member cameraguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2001
    Posts
    831
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    There has been a lack of confirming how/when to film this group film. In fairness to some who need to fit it in their schedule ahead of time, I think we need to iron out a basic plan quickly.

    I think a specific date is too restrictive for a first group film. How about each can film anytime between September 1st through October 31st. Each does a small film in their home town no more than 12 minutes in length. Content can be about anything. Some possible ideas would be climate, local history, landmark, local festival, architecture, wildlife etc. Heck even if you want film yourself nailing the local kids with water balloons go for it!!

    It would give time for others to jump on board and post work can be done during the winter.

    I'm open to anything others can suggest...

  2. #2
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well, I'm on board. I would say through the end of the year. I think the ideal length of the film would be 3-5 minutes.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Cranium's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 2001
    Posts
    117
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm down for the shorter end of things.
    I was figuring a roll's worth (edited) like 2-3mins.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member cameraguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2001
    Posts
    831
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    ok, 5 minute maximum sound good? now through January 1st for filming?

    Looks like my cart of Velvia will go into this project. Don't know if mixing it with Kodachrome is a good idea but what the heck.

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member BolexPlusx's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 30th, 2002
    Posts
    369
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    How about some standardization?:

    18 FPS, 24 FPS, or either as long as we say which?

    Is it OK to submit a second system soundtrack on a CD? (I have no usable sound cameras but do have a friend with a home sound studio.)

    I plan on New Year's Day myself

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ August 06, 2002 06:36 AM: Message edited by: BolexPlusx ]</font>

  6. #6
    Inactive Member cameraguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2001
    Posts
    831
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    How about some standardization?:

    18 FPS, 24 FPS, or either as long as we say which?


    I believe we are each submitting a video copy to be compiled by Alex I think?? You can edit on film but then transfer the final to video.

    Is it OK to submit a second system soundtrack on a CD? (I have no usable sound cameras but do have a friend with a home sound studio.)

    A soundtrack could be laid onto to the video. I'm sure others could help with some of the post production when it comes to that.

    I plan on New Year's Day myself

    Cool!

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Mike Buckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 7th, 2002
    Posts
    614
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Did we decide which storyline we're going with, or is everyone "doing their own thing"..(which is fine with me too!) Are we to edit our own film before giving the tape to Alex, or are we giving him just the raw footage?

  8. #8
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I don't see myself editing anyone else's footage UNLESS I am simply conforming to an already edited version.

    Does that make sense?

  9. #9
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by MikeyB:
    Did we decide which storyline we're going with, or is everyone "doing their own thing"..(which is fine with me too!) Are we to edit our own film before giving the tape to Alex, or are we giving him just the raw footage?</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

    I believe the theme we have come up with is what is the town you live in, known for?

    Is it known for tourism, architecture, craftspeople, the weather, the view, the people, nightlife, religion...

    by the way, file this next part of the post for the future...pick a piece of music and make a super-8 film to it, another idea could be "The day in the life of"....
    (I'm not claiming originality for either idea"

  10. #10
    Inactive Member dr.sanchez's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 5th, 2002
    Posts
    48
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Is it too late to jump on board? I'm just a lowly occasional lurker but I think I can come up with some good stuff about my town: Reno, NV, a town that revels in its cheesiness.

    Also, do we need to use sound?

    David.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •